Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ashlie



This is Ashlie...my teenager. I have a teenager. See, before I married DH 3 1/2 years ago, I wasn't scheduled to have a teenager until October of 2008. And that teenager was (and still is) a boy. But with the acquisition of my soul mate/significant other/all-around-stone-fox-of-a-babe DH, I got me a teenage daughter. And she's, like, seeeeew awesome!



I started homeschooling all my children when we married. I was also selected to administer the "talk" to my new teenager. The thought of this area of education made me want to curl up in the fetal position. You see, I have a really juvenile sense of humor. I am not kidding. Don't believe me?


5 things Katy laughs at:

1. Flatulence

2. People tripping (falling: a bonus)

3.When someone says "duty"

4.When my youngest dd points at something, she uses her middle finger

5. We are in the middle of building a new Children's building at our church. In the project timeline handed out to the ENTIRE church body it said (I kid you not)

"October 12, 2007 Complete erection of all structural steel"

**note- Reading that in church will make you laugh so hard you might just pee a wee bit. Not that I did. I have complete control of my bladder. Even when I sneeze.


So, this might give you an idea of how "the talk" went over. There were giggles, hand drawn phallic images, awkward pauses...and a history lesson. One of the pictures I drew actually looked like this. Which led up to the climax of our discussion. So to speak.



About her...she is the most responsible and trustworthy child I've ever met. Ashlie makes me want to be a better person. She opened her arms to our relationship and has allowed me to step in as her mother. She came through a very traumatic time when her parents divorced with true grace and wisdom. She puts up with my flaws without being judgemental and acts like she values my advice. :) She's so mature for her age that most of the time, I see her as a third partner in running this household. I have to be careful of that because with seven people in this house things get busy and I fear I might give her too much. I have to remind myself that she's still just a punk kid that needs to be able to mess up and be a punk. It doesn't happen very often. Ever, really.


But Ashlie? It's OK if it you mess up. Even though I never do (wink, wink), I will try not to laugh if you trip or break wind. Or say duty. hee-hee

Ashlie likes:

Shopping


Christian music

Shopping

Primping Loree (Not pimping! You have such dirty minds! Hair, nails, etc. You should be ashamed of yourselves!)

Shopping

Starbucks

Shopping


Bible Study

Shopping

Email

Shopping

80's music (thank you very much)


and.....shopping


I love you, Flashlie. I want to be like you when I grow up. No pressure. ;)

No comments: