Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dewey! Dewey! Dewey!

It's that time of year again! You know, that time when I go completely nuts and panic because I start to question my teaching skills. That time of year when I wake up in the middle of the night in a pool of sweat asking myself, "Who the heck do you think you are trying to school your own kids?!?" During this time, I freak out calmly reassess (that looks like re-asses to me. hee-hee) my resources and make changes where I feel we could improve. One of those improvements changed this:









...to this:

Partly because of this:




I changed reading programs with Loreta Mae. She loathed the last one with every fiber of her stubborn being. This program has a cute little dude named Dewey(see above) that helps you along through the lessons. He also helps keep your place in the book.







We are also slowing down just a bit in math for these characters:







They were required to do an insane amount of work on a daily basis. Their teacher is a total loon! We're gonna brush up on some basics for a week or two with drill and games and then jump back into our regularly scheduled programming.


Loree's strategy seems to be working well, so she will continue with whatever this process is...



Welp! That's a little update fer ya...Hope all is well with you and yours. I'm gonna go get a CAT scan.



1 comment:

Audrey said...

Sounds great! :) Glad you could find something that worked. It always helps :)