Monday, September 24, 2007

Dad

My name is Darren. I am 38 years old. I am, as Katy calls me, DH. (Dear Husband) I am sure there are other translations that apply to me, but we will just keep those to ourselves. I am so excited to be a part of these six beautiful people’s lives. Katy is a rare find. She is my best friend and she is smart, funny (witty), and hot and the list goes on… did I mention that she is hot. I always have to think before I speak. She never stops thinking and can take a completely innocuous comment or conversation and make it something completely different. I have even gotten to the point that I will throw out set-ups for her and she almost always provides us with something to laugh about. When she does not, I get the thermometer to see if she has a fever. I have not even discussed how the kids crack us up almost always. I have been nagging her for the last eighteen months to do start this blog. I want everyone to see what I see.I love watching the kids grow in all aspects of their lives. To see what my wife has done with them in school is absolutely amazing. She has to be five different teachers every day, 24-7. She has developed a different teaching style for each kid and IT WORKS. The kids love it so much, Aaron our 8 year old wants to be home schooled through college. I see tremendous growth each and every day. I may have to go back to school before they pass me.I hope to share from time to time what I see from dad’s perspective.

2 comments:

Hen Jen said...

wow, it seems dh must be a rare find too- you don't see many husbands guest blogging for their wives. What a really nice thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we have common personalities. We may have met and fell in love with the same type of men. We are getting married this Sun., and the comments your dh made made me think of my (almost)dh.
I believe that we are all truly blessed by God, with our dh's and our children. Blessings, Cassandra